Pages

Monday 4 March 2024

Floral mail

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another fun challenge at The Flower Challenge! This month it's hip to be square as our theme is to make a square card featuring those gorgeous florals.
 

It's hard to believe it's March already and that here in the UK, we'll be celebrating Mothers Day on the 10th of this month. How fun to open an envelope and find a card inside featuring another envelope bursting with pretty flowers!
 

I stamped and fussy cut the flowers from The Greetery's Pine Blossom - which is a Christmas set but when has that ever stopped me?! Next, I cut the envelope from Mama Elephant's Botanic Envelope die set, as well as the Inside and Out leaves dies from The Greetery, which I sponged with green inks. I arranged the flowers and leaves inside the envelope and stamped it with a Mothers Day sentiment from Uniko. 
 

For the background, I stenciled a panel using blue ink and Funky Fossil's Fancy Trellis stencil, then layered a piece of thin mustard envelope paper over it. To finish, I positioned the flower filled envelope in the centre.

Right - now it's over to you! Do hop over to The Flower Challenge blog to see all the wonderful samples made by the talented design team, then come up with a creation of your own feasturing flowers on a square design.  When you're ready to share your card, you can use the Linky Tool which you'll find at the bottom of the post. You have until the 25th to join in - enjoy the challenge!

CHALLENGES
I'm joining in again at Allsorts with this envelope of spring flowers as Lorraine's theme is Spring; Spring has also sprung over at the Four Seasons Challenge so I'm linking up there too; I'm also linking up at Inspired by where I was inspired by the inspiration photo with its gorgeous envelope of blooms; and Color Dare #590 where the trio of colours are Lagoon, Clover and Honey Butter.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
We've been spoilt with some moments of sunshine in the last few days, but cloud is building up again as I type and I'd better get those golden girls out before it rains! They have caught on to the fact that I always seem to be looking for water at the end of a walk and have enthusiastically joined in with the task of finding it:
 

Not sure if they read the memo all the way through though...!

Sending hugs,

24 comments:

  1. Another beautiful inspirational card Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. More beauty from your creative hands Vicky, a gorgeous card, love the dogs enjoying the water. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love it when I admire something - and it turns out to be something in my stash! I love how you altered these gorgeous florals, Vicky! The stenciled paper sets it off beautifully. So happy to be team mates with you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Vicky, opening an envelope to reveal this pretty flower filled envelope would be a treat,! Love your card design and I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I love the design with the envelope full of flowers. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Spring option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spend a lot of time looking at your dogs, and then I have to remember to come back to your beautiful card! I have a fondness for flowers in an envelope, or a pocket, or pitcher... gee, I just love flowers. Your card is cleverly crafted and will be a joy for anyone to receive. Happy upcoming Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! Love the colors! Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are those Golden Retrievers? I've read they are one of the smartest breeds so I'm going to believe they have become water detectives for you, lol. What a pretty floral arrangement in your envelope. I see others doing that too, so it must be a trend this year. You are in style! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card Vicky, bursting with prettiness. At this rate your girls must have webbed feet! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card. Gear envelope die and lovely flowers. Outstanding! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love it when an envelope with flowers growing out of it is used.
    And your girls look so happy. You just know where the most beautiful playgrounds are!!
    Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another beautiful floral card Vicky, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet bouquet spilling from the little envelope, Vicky! Love these colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vicky I absolutely love your card those flowers and the colours you have used are truly wonderful I love that they look like a flower spray this is going to bring someone a lot of happiness and joy as for your Golden Girls I just have to laugh, lol, thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Many thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week with this very pretty Mother's Day card.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spring on a card, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the layering and dimension of your beautiful floral... a card mom will enjoy for sure. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how you've arranged all of your botanical die cuts! Thanks for playing along with Color Dare! -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  19. So much to love about this card Vicky! The envelope bursting with bright blooms is so cheery, but I love the subtle background stencilling and the use of envelope paper for the central panel too. Gorgeous - unlike the prospect of hosing down those adventurous pups!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a pretty card. I love that bright spray of flowers. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty, Clare. Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge. Please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so very pretty! I've always loved flowers coming out of an envelope like this. Lovely stencil work, too. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a lovely bouquet, Vicky, and I love the way it flows out of the envelope.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)