Pages

Thursday 14 March 2024

Birthday blossom

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Today I'm enjoying being the Surprise Party Guest at Seize the Birthday where Jules has chosen a fabulous new challenge and loads of inspiration from their talented design team! So what's the Topping?
 
It's a fun one - to make a coordinating tag and card set! There's a spring birthday coming up in my family so I couldn't wait to get started. Being a lazy crafter, I decided to stamp and colour one image and then divide it into two pieces with dies - cunning huh?!
 

Using Nesting Arch dies from The Greetery, I was able to created an inset panel on a card and a double layer tag for my gift. Here's a closer look at the card:
 

Isn't that blossom image beautiful?! The cherry blossom isn't out here yet so it gave me a lift to see it on a card!
 

The stamp is from Blossoms in Bloom by Clearly Besotted, stamped on watercolour paper, coloured and splattered with my Arteza watercolour brush pens, and left to dry before cutting the arch. To complete the card I cut the same size arch in a card panel and used it to position the blossom arch before popping it up on dimensional tape.
 

The sentiment is a favourite from The Greetery's Arched Sentiments set, positioned to overlap the 'frame'. The card was finished with a few clear gems.

Here's a close up of the tag:
 

There's a little bud sprig at the end of the blossom image which I thought made the perfect image for the coordinating tag - not the same but clearly a part of it. I added a sentiment and a gem and tied the tag with a larger arch onto the gift with coordinating ribbon from my stash.

I had so much fun making this card and tag set! I do hope you'll join in and enjoy yourself too :) Don't forget to go to the Seize the Birthday blog and check out all the samples the amazing design team have made to inspire you. You can use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post to share your own creation. 

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Double D where the theme is First Signs of Spring - and I've gone for blossom!Make My Monday and Try it on Tuesday both also have a Spring theme so I'm joining in there; and Retro Rubber want to see a card featuring favourite spring flowers using stamps older than a year (Blossoms in Bloom was a 2019 release.)
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
With Mothers Day taking place last Sunday and coinciding with a family birthday on the Monday, we've unexpectedly had everyone come to visit. What a joy it was to feast and laugh and chat and catch up! Going out to a restaurant to eat always triggers memories of our family holidays when our offspring were children and it always amazes me that what everyone remembers is different. One thing we all remembered from a holiday in Kent was when we came across a signpost giving directions to Ham on one arm and to Sandwich on another. This tickled us so greatly we must have laughed for about half an hour! What a blessing family is!
 
Sending hugs,

24 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and tag set Vicky,love the stamp

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever and gorgeous set Vicky, I'm sure they will be received with joy. As for family memories? You are so right with everyone having their own versions, we have had that so many times in our family. Yes family is wonderful. x Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicky this set is absolutely beautiful I love your chosen flowers the soft colours and those fabulous arch dies, I have been eyeing a set on Ebay, lol, truly wonderful project
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, what a delightful and elegant matching pair for the lucky recipient. The flower two-fer is so clever. And I'm so glad you had such a wonderful M-Day family weekend. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! I love the way you divided the flowers and the use of the big portion in the window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And what a fabulous surprise party guest you are!
    LOVELY watercoloured card and tag set. Love that die cut birthday sentiment every time I see it . . . might have to investigate!

    Sounds like you enjoyed Mother's Day. Super! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty and elegant, Vicky - love that arch window especially! Perfect delicate coloring for Spring, too! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great little Tag and Card set. Love how you divided the one image, cropping gives it a whole new look. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, 1st Signs Of Spring Challenge. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, thanks for being one of our Surprise Party Guests this month. Your card is so pretty, and the cherry blossoms are water colored so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh, this set is absolutely gorgeous! I have to admit to being a bit of a lazy stamper myself when it comes to making duplicates, so I like how you made the one image do double duty. Thank you for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always make the prettiest florals, Vicky so I was thrilled to see that is what you had for us today! I really think the arch detail makes it even more elegant. So happy to have you with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your guest appearance so very well deserved .You absolutely smashed this challenge with this beautiful set and what a clever way to use the image.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing card Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday challenge

    auw wat een supertoffe kaart, Leuk dat je meedoet bij Make My Monday challenge

    Creatieve Groetjes Claudia

    Vanaf heden geef ik workshops en verkoop ik mijn kaartjes via mijn FB groep
    Mijn FB groep: Claudia's Kaartjes
    You tube:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Blog:Claudia's Kaartjes
    Challenge blogs:
    Girlz Creative Christmas 
    Girlz makes Guyz Cards
    Girlz creative crafts
    Creative sketchy girls

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I love your cunning plan, Vicky! I’ll have to pinch that idea đŸ˜„
    The flower spray through the arch is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a very pretty combo! Awesome job of the matching tag

    ReplyDelete
  16. I adore they way that you did this challenge. So lovely and a great way to make a gift extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card and tag, like your idea of dividing the image too.
    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely gorgeous card and tag. The white with the soft florals and the arched dies makes them so classy. So glad to have you join us Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Card & tag combo Vicky. Love those pretty cherry blossoms and your lovely coloring. Glad to have you as a guest at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful blooms and I love the arched window, so clever to use the offcut as the layered tag too, this is such a pretty set, thankyou for being our guest at STB, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty card and tag! Love the frame around the florals on your card. Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm always so happy when I come across your work. Your watercoloring is stunning and you're a very smart crafter...not a lazy one. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would call it a clever way to achieve the maximum use - complete use of the stamp and fulfils the purpose too! I love your watercoloring details too. Simply charming card and tag, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)