Pages

Friday 23 February 2024

Left overs and hugs

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I can't even begin to explain how much fun I had today! Some Blogland challenges had inspired me to take a look in my patterned paper drawer and the first thing I saw was the Simple Stories Christmas pad I'd bought to make some last-minute 'patterned background and bold die cut sentiment' cards last year. There were some whole sheets left in the pad but there were also some off cuts and some little journaling cards which I thought I might use to create some non-festive cards. Come and see:
 
CARD NUMBER ONE

 
I started trimming some coordinating strips which I put together in an L shape on a card panel. The large heart, which I found on one of the journal cards, was fussy cut, stiffened by stacking it up with snippets of white card, and popped up on the panel. I added another heart, die cut from a mustard snippet and an enamel heart.
 

The 'hugs' sentiment was cut using the Greetery's Slim Alphabet dies. I thought it would go nicely with the heart theme :)
 
 
CARD NUMBER TWO


Instead of going for the blue and red with mustard accents, this time I focused on the warm mustard with red and blue accents. I LOVE the patterns and muted colours in this pad!
 
 
The mug of flowers was fussy cut from a journal card and I added layered die cut hearts and a sentiment banner fussy cut from another journal card. 



Here are some of the snippets I used (I added more as I went along plus white snippets). Sadly I ran out of time as I would definitely have enjoyed making more of these!

CHALLENGES
I fell in love with Kim's gorgeous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches, and used it for both my cards; I used Patterned Paper on both, so will enter these at Double D where that is the theme; X is for Xtra Hearts at The Alphabet Challenge so I'm linking up Card One there; I'm taking my mug of flowers to The Snippets Playground - I shall give the flowers to Miss Di to cheer her up and then nip up to the treehouse and fill it up with hot chocolate! Liz said something about Baileys... I don't know what that is but it sounds delicious!!

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I tend to walk the golden girls in the park at the moment because it is mostly flooded. They are thrilled with this and I can let them off to zoom around in the water because there are very few people around, and those there are tend to have dogs who are also careering about! We saw a man looking thoughtfully at the football pitch, which is completely submerged. "Looks more like a water polo pitch doesn't it!" he said to me. And then went off into peals of laughter at his own wit!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Loving your hugs cards made with lovely snippets (TFS a photo of the snippets).

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. See you in the treehouse for hot chocolate soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sketch is perfect for those bits of leftover paper and you found the perfect papers for a great selection of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards with the beautiful snippets of paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the colours of the papers and snippets of your beautiful cards Vicky.See you in the treehouse for that much needed hot chocolate xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can see yo9u had fun there Kate and you created two beauties. Those slimline letters may just be going on my must have list.

    Our orchard looks much the same yet again after a week of rain, but guess what this morning, a hard front and the girls are skating.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your use of the sketch with the sweet heart and the fun mug nestled in to the corner. The papers are fabulous! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, I'll have to look at my paper pads in a different light. Maybe some sun would help? We have been left with dreadfully soggy ground too. Hoping for a break in the weather soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Popped back to say thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wowser Vicky! What fabulous cards and gorgeous papers too! Very artistic and perfectly executed - as always. Do you EVER make a card and discard it? I doubt it with your talent.

    I was originally going to write in my Snippets Pupdate about how Dudley absolutely hates to get wet - even his paws are sacrosanct. He really needs a couple of pairs of stilts - one pair would just be silly. Bootees would be an idea if we fancy a spot of Havanese wrestling to put them on him! Ah, Memory Lane, and thinking back to playground times in Singapore as a child ..... tottering around on wooden stilts! The Recreation ground, where Len's archery club is, is like a swamp right now - closed to all activities. I would love to see your girls frolicking around in the water polo pitch! Too funny - even more so that the guy cracked up as his own wit!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky both these are quite simply beautiful and very classy looking the papers you have used look lush and work together perfectly superb work
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vicky, it does look like you had fun with this and I can understand perfectly as I would enjoy it, too. The FMS is perfect for patterned paper. You kept it fresh and clean by using such beautifully coordinated papers which surely are not limited to Christmas. I especially enjoyed reading your last bit about being out with the girls. There are so many more places we can go in the wintertime and let Sophie run off leash because nobody else is there. I love that! Thank you for sharing your patterned paper play day with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, just beautiful!!! Your cards looks very delicate and I like that you concentrated on the lower area when designing the card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are both fabulous, Vicky! Your patterned papers are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)