Pages

Sunday 4 August 2024

A belated birthday from the pack

Hello, crafting friends!
 
How quickly the months are flying past! At The Flower Challenge, we are welcoming August with a fabulous colour challenge!
And here is the gorgeous colour palette:
What do you think? I adore this combination of colours and couldn't wait to get started!
 

I pulled out alcohol markers in all the colours except the pale blue, and a beautiful stamp set by Sugarpea Designs called Meadow Motifs. Using a neutral ink and a stamp positioner, I stamped the largest flower cluster at the bottom of a card panel, then flipped the panel and stamped it again. The markers were used to colour the clusters and I added a little bit of extra detail with coloured pencils.
 

The panel was trimmed to size with a stitched rectangle die and sponged round the edges with pale blue ink. I stamped a belated birthday sentiment from Lil Inkers and finished with a few coordinating sequins.

Okay, it's over to you! Do hop over to the Flower Challenge blog to check out the amazing cards my team mates have made to inspire you. When you're ready to share your own creation you can link up with the blue Linky button at the bottom of the challenge post. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make with this great colour palette!


CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Allsorts where Ellie's theme is Season's Delights - she wants to see what we love about summer. The abundance of flowers at this time of year makes me really happy (but I may be back with an ice cream card!!) I'm off to visit Darnell's NBUS Challenge as well because Meadow Motifs is new to me and having its first outing



AND IN OTHER NEWS
My youngest son was with me when I was making this card. He picked it up and examined it. "I like it," he said. "It reminds me of a playing card!" It took me a moment to understand what he meant but it's true - it does have the symmetry of a playing card!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Love the layout and beautiful colours Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. These dainty flowers are so pretty, Vicky! The pale blue around the edges draw the eye to the flowers! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least your grandson recognizes a good design! I think your florals are exquisitely colored and I know how difficult no-line coloring can be. You've certainly mastered that technique, Vicky and I am in awe! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It’s the prettiest playing card I’ve ever seen! Actually - that thought would never have crossed my mind until I read about your son’s comment!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your summery card with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Truly beautiful card and fabulous use of the challenge colours. Now you mention it I can see what your son meant but wouldn't it be wonderful if a pack of cards could be so beautiful.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your lad has a good eye, Vicky, not surprisingly! I love the right side/upside down design you have created and how quick it is to flip it in the positioner. Mwah for that and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have playing cards that have flowers on them and your card reminds me of that. Fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautifully designed floral card with such pretty colors! Thank you so much for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Vicky and I had to come over from TFC and let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a beautiful birthday card! Love the pretty flower image in pink! I just had to drop by for I saw your card over at the NBUS Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you combined color on the petals, Vicky, and the soft blue background grounds them beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just stopped in from NBUS to say hello, Vicky. Your beutiful card caught my eye as I have a SSS stamp set that would work for a CASE of this lovely card. I hope you are well and happy. I love your comment about your son's comment on your card. I LOVE when my sons comment on my cards. Beautiful thing. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)