Pages

Friday 2 August 2024

More love and prayers

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Today I found that clearing away my crafty things can be a very inspiring thing to do! Lying around on my table were SU's Banners For You stamp set and the lovely Studio Light sentiment I used to make THIS card, and there were plenty of scraps of white card stock too. The housework needed doing but I asked the Golden Girls and they agreed that hoovering is over-rated, so I made this card instead:
 

I've been moving away from clean and simple cards over the last year or so but I loved making this simple note card. The card base was cut down to a square from a ruined standard A6 base and I stamped the sentiment in the centre.
 

The two different flowers from the set were stamped on scraps of card and fussy cut, then I added a bit of shading with a coloured pencil at the base of the petals. I wanted the flowers to be dimensional so the trickiest thing about this card was adding teensy bits of dimensional tape to the backs of the flowers! I finished off with some enamel dots in navy - although my screen has decided they're black :|

CHALLENGES
I'm off to The Snippets Playground with this card. I have put my armbands on because I bet the paddling pool is out and we can do splashy canonballs from the treehouse while Miss isn't looking! At ATCAS Helen's code word is Nature, so I'm joining in there too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
My little Eva has a poorly paw again. I am so frustrated! Her nailbed infection cleared up beautifully and we went back to romping about in the countryside, but because the toe had been shaved, it left her vulnerable to grass seeds getting stuck between those toes. I'm frustrated because I am hyper aware of the potential for this to happen and have been checking both dogs' paws after walks. How did I miss it?
 

Eva is perfectly cheerful and can be seen here chopping up some sticks before distributing them around the garden, but she's back on lead-only walks so I'm walking the dogs separately again. They enjoy the one-to-one attention but I am struggling for time at the moment and crafting has become a very special treat these days!

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful make Vicky,nothing else needed on your CAS card. Hope Eva's paw is healed soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card suits Eva very well this time. I wish her a speedy recovery!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, what I think, are delicate flowers, with a beautiful sentiment, love the layering too Vicky. SO beautiful. Poor Eva and her paw, she is certainly looking downhearted. As for time Vicky? I know what you mean, has it speeded up somehow? Take care and leave time for you too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea splashy cannonballs from the treehouse to the paddling pool is!!!! What could possibly wrong? 🤣

    LOVE your pretty card with great sentiment and flowers. Your shadow work is amazing.

    Poor little Eva. Hope her poor paw feels better soon. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was serendipity that these pieces were all ready to put on a card and a lovely card it is, Vicky! Housework is highly overrated! Craftiness is much more important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card Vicky, I can imagine cutting all the teeny bits of dimensionals . So sorry to hear Eva is suffering with her toe again, don’t feel bad, I bet that seed was tiny and probably camouflaged. Hope she heals quickly and you can all go out together. We’ve ended up with a canine house guest for the weekend….a cute terrier. We’re out of practice but she’s very good, and has us grinning from ear to ear. We might be spoiling her just a little 😉xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Vicky. Cannonballs - whatever next?! Sending cuddles to Eva for her 'pawly paw'.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty card well done and I sure hope Eva heals quickly and they give you more time for crafting, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Vicky. So sorry Eva is struggling again xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)