Pages

Thursday 15 August 2024

Colour notes

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Have you joined in with the colour challenge at The Flower Challenge this month?  Why not give it a go? 
 

All you need to do is create a floral card using these colours. I love this palette and couldn't wait to make another card using it.
 

Believe it or not, my clean and simple note card was made with a balloon stencil and a Christmas stamp set as well as my favourite leafy stencil! Love stretching my craft supplies!
 

I took a thick card base and started by sponging pale blue ink into the circular balloon from Uniko's Balloon Bash stencil, masking off the balloon tie bit with a sticky note.  The sentiment, from The Greetery's Pine Blossom, was stamped in the centre. There are two sizes of leaf on Uniko's Nature's Treasure stencil and I used them both, positioning them above and below my sentiment circle and sponging with green ink.
 

I used water-based markers in pinks and peaches to ink up some of the pretty flowers from the Pine Blossom set. Once they were stamped, I blended the colours with a colourless blender pen, adding detail with a green coloured pencil and a white paint pen. Finally, the flowers were fussy cut and attached to the leaf stems.

Okay, now it's over to you! Do hop over to the Flower Challenge challenge blog and check out the amazing samples the design team has made to inspire you. When you're ready to share your own floral creation, use the blue Linky button at the bottom of the challenge post. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with the latest Beautiful Blossoms challenge with this card.



AND IN OTHER NEWS
Thank you for bearing with me during this busy time when I'm still not finding much time for crafting. Eva's paw is taking its time healing so I am still walking the pups separately, as well as looking after this beautiful lady:
 

But I do have another post going live later on today as it's my turn to be on the Tic Tac Toe Challenge team. It's like waiting for ages for a bus and then a load of them turn up all at once!!

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Vicky,great to be able to use your stencils in more than one way,poor Eva hope her paw heals soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful CAS card!!

    Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Beautiful Blossoms}
    NEW {Love Those Pretty Papers}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Vicky. You really are the queen of CAS xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card and seeing your dogs too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful way to stretch your supplies, Vicky! I love how the leaves and flowers curve around the stenciled circle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative of you to mix up stencils and die cuts to make this beautiful wreath, Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, this is a gorgeous CAS design. Thanks for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share more lovely cards soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't think of a more beautiful way to stretch your crafting supplies than creating this card, Vicky! I love wreaths, which this design reminds me of, and both the leaves and flowers are beautiful. I'm sorry about Eva's paw, but just think, it gives you more steps in your day but walking the dogs separately. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely card. You're so clever to re-purpose those supplies, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)